Saturday, January 17, 2009

Grocery Craziness!

Anybody who knows me knows I love to buy bargains and save money. I am always looking for a deal and my family members always ask me to go shopping with them so I can find them deals. So, needless to say, when I found out a way to save on groceries, I went for it. I got into this thing called grocery smarts thanks to Kate. It is this amazing way to save money on groceries. I feel like a total nerd but I took a picture of all the stuff I bought just because I was in total shock that I got so much and didn't pay too much for any of it. There are even some things I forgot to put in the picture. I think my best purchase was a box of Multigrain Cheerios for a quarter. The pancake mix was a quarter too. Chris would say the best purchase was the Toaster Strudels for 50 cents a box. Great deals. I did have to be one of those annoying customers with a gazillion coupons, but oh well. It was worth it for me! Grocery Smarts tells you when to use what coupons to get the best deals. This week I didn't find as many good deals, but the last week was amazing. Who knows what next week will be!

6 comments:

Whitney said...

I've been doing the same thing and have only barely restrained myself from taking pictures. I do, however, report all of my purchases and savings to Greg because I'm so proud.
I get so excited, now, to find out what the next weeks deals will be. I can hardly wait! Kind of sad what gets us excited now but we take what we can get, right?

kim dance said...

I did the same thing last week!! My reciept was so rewarding. It said:
total purchase: $23.17
club card savings: $93.00

Amazing!
I actually got 6 boxes of instant oatmeal FREE!! They were 2 bucks each, had a coupon spitter right by it for $1.00 off per box, and after they matched my coupon they were free!

Adventures and musings of a 31yr. old girl said...

Share the secret, I want to know how!

The Giffs said...

Okay WOW! You'll have to tell me more about this. So where do you sign up?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amy! Let me know if you are interested in hosting a class! My email is zabbysmomsaves at hotmail dot com

Mauren said...

Multigrain Cheerios for a quarter is ridiculous! You need to come shopping with me, too. Geez! My mom does something like that too with the Grocery Game. It's fun cause we get to try some new and typically more expensive products cause she can get an awesome deal on them. :) P.S. Your baby is beautiful. :)